Making Pad Thai is easier than you think. With this easy breakdown, you’ll be nomming on tasty stir fry noodles in 15 minutes (or less). Enjoy!
- 8 ounces pad Thai noodles
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons agave or brown sugar
- Juice from 1 medium sized lime
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeno
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil (or Canola oil as an alternative)
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 eggs
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
STEP 1: Prep the Noodles
Making Pad Thai noodles is no different than making spaghetti noodles. These directions should sound familiar:
- Bring half a pot (4 cups) of water to a boil
- Add in noodles
- Set time for 4 minutes (or however long is indicated on the packaging)
- Remove from pot and transfer noodles to a strainer
STEP 2: Make the sauce
- Over medium heat, simmer the chopped onion and minced garlic for about 5 minutes (or until lightly browned).
- Add in the lime juice, soy sauce, agave, jalapeno, cumin and turmeric
- Stir until blended.
STEP 3: Combine everything!
- Add in the noodles, stirring until combined with the sauce.
- Push the noodle/sauce mixture to one side of the pan using a spatula
- In the remaining space, scramble the eggs until loosely cooked (still slightly runny)
- Stir the scrambled eggs into the rest of the noodles
- Top with bean sprouts, crushed peanuts green onions!