- 1 pound pork shoulder
- 4 slices thick bacon
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 red onion
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bacon strips on a pan, sprinkling with granulated sugar. Let cook 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Thinly slice red onion.
- Using a shredding tool, peel the sweet potato into noodle strips.
- Saute the onion and sweet potato in the olive oil until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the lemon juice soy sauce to mixture as it becomes dry, adding all of it once onions are translucent.
- Dice the pork shoulder into bite size pieces.
- Add the cumin, pork shoulder, and brown sugar to the mixture, stirring until pork shoulder is cooked through.
- Cut the bacon into chunky pieces and add to the mixture
- Serve and enjoy! You may serve as is, over a bowl of rice, or a bed of greens.